Wednesday 14 March 2012

Floor insulation progressing

The first weekend of March I managed to get a weekend of work done on the ground floor insulation and DPM with flights paid by work since I was doing my offshore survival refresher on the Monday.

Mum & I got busy laying the insulation in the utility room wing and DPM in the lounge, study, and utility. The utility room was a royal pain due to all the ducts and pipe work that comes into this area. All these things slow the process up considerably.

DPM down in the lounge...

...study...

..and utility room

After getting that work done we started with the insulation in the hall area, laying away from the front door. Laying full sheets is easy, its all the cutting and fiddling that is slow and tedious. After my course on Monday I spent a few more hours working on the fiddly stuff. The way I looked at it is that its a few hours less that I have to do in future!

Insulation going down in the hall
 At the end of last week we had the track inspection completed for the water connection so I am now just waiting on a call to make an appointment to make the connection to the mains. Need water on site to allow filling and testing of the UFH loops

We are back as a familiy again in 2 weeks time. That will be a big push to get the remaining work for the UFH completed so we can get on and get the screed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment